"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 15 Oct 1995 09:48:00 EDT
Just my 2 pesos.  There are lots of features that could be added to
LISTSERV, some no doubt expressed here.  But there is only so much
time in a day, and the feature list exceeds that time.  Furthermore
as Eric said, they must be supported in the future, so it does
become a more-or-less permanent effort (at some level).

Therefore, how does one measure the utility of such function for
the broad spectrum of list-owner needs?  It should not be by a
few posts here on lstown-l decrying the non-responsiveness of
L-Soft to certain customers needs.  I guess that's why there are
user groups that vote/weigh the features that they want their
software vendor/partners to implement.  That at least seems more
democratic.

/Pete Weiss -- Penn State