Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:50:45 -0600
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Shap Wolf wrote:
> Is there a formatting directive to left-justify text?
>
> What I'd like is a .le to let listserv assemble the lines into 76-column
> pieces and write them out without adding any inter-word/sentence spacing.

Well, .fo off lets you format it as you please.  If you do it
left-justified, with 76 column max, that is how it will appear with .fo
off.  The listnamae.mailtpl will be "formatted" exactly as you format it.
If I don't want .ce nor .fo on, I use .fo off and it appears exactly as I
place it in my listname.mailtpl.

Or are you asking for LISTSERV to take an item of "long" lines, with no
justification, or lines of much less or a bit more than 76 col., and turn
them into 76 col. left justified?  My attitude toward that is that if one
wants something to look a particular way, one should do it one's self,
which one can with .fo off.  If you do it 76 col., left justified, .fo off
in the first place, that is how it will appear.

Douglas Winship