Brian Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 08:29:09 -0500
At 10:01 AM -0500 8/21/00, Russ Hunt wrote:
>I may be missing something here, but as far as I can see LISTSERV is
>doing a remarkable job of filtering out vacation messages and sending
>them only to the owner.  (Isn't it LISTSERV that's doing this?) They
>don't seem to be appearing on the list.
>
>I suspect they may be going to the original sender, which I consider
>is an inconvenience, but I can't tell who's on vacation and doing
>this unless _I_ post something (and I have a semi-automatic message I
>send which suggests that if they _must_ set up out-of-office
>messages, they also set their lists to nomail).

No, these aren't going out to the list.  My whole point in bringing
it up was that it is simply an inconvenience to me as the owner.
Because I only seem to get these from GroupWise users and not others,
I was wondering if it is something that could be fixed in a config at
the GroupWise site.

It's a minor inconvenience to me as a list owner now. It would be a
much bigger inconvenience to manually be switching folks to and from
nomail when it happens, except in special circumstances. I'm content
to just leave well enough alone if that's the best workaround. Like I
said, it's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance I could certainly live
without.

Brian Crawford