Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 13:44:14 -0400
|I include the <listname-request@domain-name> address (and instructions that
|the list owner can be contacted at this address) outside the list header's
|HHON/HHOFF limiters so that list members or others can always contact me for
|assistance. This way I do not have to deal with spammers or others
gleaning my
|personal e-mail address from the list header.

There are different strokes for different folks ... and the needs of
owners/operators.  This is a design/religion argument.

Some support lists don't want an individualized email address displayed
for the owner for various reasons e.g., vacation issues, alternative
assignment issues, anonymity issues.

/Pete