Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:55:49 -0400
"LISTSERV list owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on
08/31/2005 02:46:35 PM:

> I have a user that discovered the following problem:

It's not a problem.  The system is operating as designed.

> She sent an email to a list of names that she put in the TO field of the
> message.  She then added a listserv list email address in the CC field.
> She sent the message after this.  When the message arrived, the names in
> the TO field showed in the TO field as they should have.
>
> However, the Listserv list showed in a separate message with only the
> Listserv Name in the TO Field instead of the CC Field.

Yep.  Listserv is not a mail client.  It is a mail processing system.
Messages addressed to a list are taken apart, the body is then sent out as
an entirely new message from the list to the list recipients.

> Has anyone seen this happen before and know how to have Listserv sent in
> the CC field show up  in the CC field?  We are using MS Exchange 2003 as
> our mail server.  Let me know if you need any other information on this
> puzzle.  Thank you in advance for your help.

No puzzle here.  Can't blame this one Microsoft, the mail server has
nothing to do with it.

> This message has been scanned by anti-virus software.

But why should I trust it?