Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 10:51:47 -0600
At 10:29 AM 8/12/1997 -0400, Haralds Berzajs wrote:

>ADD mylist [log in to unmask]
>
>Summary info:       John Doe
>              e-mail:   [log in to unmask]

If his email's from line says the latter, no problem.  He can then post.
(Assuming you have posting restricted to members, as most do to help
eliminate spam and other problems)   If his email doesn't have that
address, it will go to the editor.

The above is a frequent problem, as mail system admins at some place seem
to change forms of address every quarter, whether they need to or not.
AND, they don't usually tell users about it.  You'll also have problems
with them confirming if you use renewals.  Then you get to clean up after
these stupid mail admins.  I actually have one user on a list who shows
FOUR different "identical" (well, to his system for inbound mail) forms of
address.  Is it any wonder we listowners go crazy on occasions?

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534