Robert Ponterio <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 1 Jun 1996 23:57:19 -0400
Our list is semi-moderated.  This usually works quite well but every
once in a while someone offers to send anyone who wishes a free copy of
a packet of information.  This inevitably leads to 30 replies that go to
the entire list, all saying "I want one," "me too."  The REVIEW feature
works so well for problem subscribers that I would love to be able to
give LISTSERV a few keywords to trigger a review for messages containing
those keywords, even just in the subject line.  This would allow us to
catch the "me toos" in a given thread without going to full moderating,
which we do at times but it slows down the interactions more than we
like.

Is there any chance that LISTSERV will provide filters of this sort one
day?

Bob
 Robert Ponterio                     | [log in to unmask]
 co-manager of FLTEACH               | State Univ. of New York Cortland
 Foreign Language Teaching Forum     |_________________________________
 http://www.cortland.edu/www/flteach/