Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:03:06 -0400
At 18:53 7/30/2006 Sunday, rex wrote:
>How did this work out? A list I run had so many missing topic keywords that I
>resorted to an autonag script that reminded people who sent such posts
>that they should include a keyword. Eventually, list traffic dropped way off,
>though no one complained about the nagging. I eventually disabled the script,
>but traffic has not recovered.

As I recall, it was the subscribers' decision to implement such a scheme; long-time subscribers are savvy and "get it."  WELCOME file spells it out.

Part of the idea was too reduce list traffic by mis-TOPICed (or lack thereof) Subject:.  That worked :-)

Oh, we have REPLY-TO= SENDER which also cuts down on spontaneous itchy trigger-fingered REPLY-ers.

/P