Kevin Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 20:12:48 -1000
I am having a similar problem to the disappearing html messages asked about
yesterday, but this deals with applicants sending the subscribe command. For
a few of them, when the send the subscribe  to the command address, they
receive a reply from the server indicating that the command could not be
processed because the message body was empty and no command was found. I'm
not sure the list configuration matters in this case (?) since the empty
message is occuring before they even join the list.  It's almost as if their
e-mail application is packaging the message portion as an attachment
expecting the recipient (the listserver) to unpack it restore the command
text to the message portion then process the command. But the listserver
doesn't unpack the attchment and instead heads straight to the message
section, finds it empty and sends off a note to the sender telling them the
message section was empty.  If it matters, it's version 1.8e and in the
configuration LANGUAGE=NOHTML.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Kevin Doyle
Patch-L