Steve Rothman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 12:06:56 -0500
from [log in to unmask]
> Yes you can run a list without an on-site Unix
> system.  I'm running one from The Univ. of
> Texas - Pan American in deep South Texas (12
> miles from Mexico, north of McAllen, TX).  Our
> Listserve site is Texas A & M in College
> Station, a good 300+ miles away.  Once the list
> is set up, most of the operation is automatic
> at the Listserve site, as I understand it.

How did you go about getting the Univ. of Texas to add your list to their
listserver? In general, what's a good way of finding a "home" for a new list?
I'm 'on the net' courtesy of my employer, but my company doesn't have
listserver software and anyway I wouldn't want the continuing operation of the
list to depend on the good graces of my current employer. (I want to initiate
a list for parents of twins to exchange tips, support, etc.)
 -Steve Rothman <[log in to unmask]>