Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 21:46:07 -0500
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996 20:54:04 -0400, Bendig,Deb wrote:
>Me, too.  Please remove [log in to unmask], or whatever other variation you
>have of that.
>Thank you (sorry, the list, for the extra message).

Three in as many days.  This is getting a tad silly.  One would think that
subscribers to a list owners list would be aware that the place to direct
such queries is "listname-request@..."

There are some lists that are run as services with nominal "list owners"
who don't routinely read the list(s).  For those, sending admin mail to the
list is futile as well as annoying.

As for moi, my tendency is to ignore requests posted to the list.  99% of
the time somenone else on the list tells the offender the correct procedure
and the problem gets taken care of.  The logic of my position is that as
the system grows ever larger, the (unpaid) resources available to deal with
the inattentive fall ever shorter of the demand.

P.S. it would also be ever so much nicer if everyone could resist the
temptation to respost the entire text of previous (and recent) messages.

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]>      (860) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (860) 456-7725 fax
   http://mktg.sba.uconn.edu/MKT/Faculty/Sewall.html