Michael McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:17:17 -0700
Douglas,

No, I'm speaking as a subscriber, just a person that writes letters to editors, lists, etc.  When my writing efforts are put out to public display, I prefer to think I've taken a moment or two to review what I'm about to send before sending it.

I wasn't suggesting that you'd used PROBE, but I thought you might be in a better position to explain than I how it can be used to distribute a periodic template on a rotating basis.  I've seen it written up here or LSTSRV-L, but couldn't remember.  PROBE has no link to over quoting.  Donald asked about periodic messages to subscribers and I recalled something about using the PROBE function to send the periodic message to subscribers on an individual rotating basis.  In one of the LISTSERV manuals they cite such an example of using it to remind subscribers of list rules, etc.

Michael