Annius Groenink <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 15:25:25 +0100
> If any more messages are received from cyber.sell.com I will initiate
> net-wide counter-measures that will make you deeply regret sending
> anything to sci.psychology.digest, which is a scientific journal, not a
> place to spam with ads. I am sure I speak for many other list-owners
> who are determined not to allow their lists to be spammed with ads like
> this.
>
>     Stevan Harnad
>     Editor, PSYCOLOQUY

I absolutely agree.  This is the worst type of net-bashing I have seen
so far---these people are not pretending to be innocent: they added
an 'Approved:' header line so as to get through to every possible
news group without the intervention of moderators.

I think a severe punishment is in place here.  I think the providers of
cyber.sell.com should ban the entire site from the net for a few weeks,
so they're forced to take measures against the people who distributed
the ad.

If we don't stop this type of net abuse now we're going to have to live
with it in the near future...