Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:30:39 -0700
Dear Jason and LSTOWN-L Folks,

I've had some unexpected good results with this
unusual system, on moderated lists:

1. Everyone is on "review" until they prove
that they know and will follow the rules. Dah.

2. If an "unsubscibe" or "remove me" request is
found in the "to be approved for distribution"
queue, I non-quietly set that account to "NOPOST"

3. The SETINFO message template has been
modified. So, the message sent to the would-be
quiting member says something like this:

=== begin SETINFO template ===

.re owners
&WEEKDAY, &DATE &TIME

&MBX(&INVOKER) has just altered your subscription options for the
&LISTNAME list as per the "&CMD" command.
For more information about your current subscription options, send a "QUERY &LISTNAME"
command to &MYNAMES.

IF your account was changed because you sent the whole group an
off-topic message, or a clerical message, or because you failed
to SNIP out the old, previous message that we had all already seen,
please re-read the &LISTNAME Welcome message before doing anything
more. Nobody in the &LISTNAME group can do your clerical work, or
your homework, for you.

Click here to request a fresh new copy of the Welcome message:

Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]

To control or adjust your account, or to unsubscribe (signoff) for
your own &LISTNAME account, please visit this address:

Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html

or to unsubscribe you may be able to click here:

Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]

=== end SETINFO template ===

<smile>

I hope this helps.

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 206/463-2322
Discussion list owner:
Allergy ---> http://www.Immune.Com/allergy/index.html
Arthritis ---> http://www.Emissary.Net/arthritis/index.html
Latex Allergy ---> http://www.Immune.Com/rubber/index.html