Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 08:47:08 -0500
|Seems like it would be useful to add such words as "remove" and other similar
|phrases
|such as "Please remove me," "take me off (this list)," etc.  Also, if it is
|not already the case, mispellings of vaild LISTSERV commands might be useful
|as well. Seemms like the command "UNSUBSCRIBE" is spelled inaccurately with a
|high frequency. And, if neccessary, LISTOWN-L subscribers could probably
|generate a list of words/phrases which are common "not vaild" attempts
to send
|a command and which subscribers occasionally send to the list address.

It seems to me that unless the heuristics are configurable including
foreign language variations , then some list-owners would be better off
with full moderation, or * DEFAULT-OPTIONS= REVIEW and then

QUIET SET listname NOREVIEW FOR cluefull@host

i.e., remove moderation for folks who have demonstrated that they know
how to post to the list.

/Pete