Richard Everman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Jan 1993 18:02:54 PST
There is plenty of information about ftp, Internet, LISTSERV, rfcs, gopher,
wais,etc. on the Internet.  One way to learn about it is to spent a lots of
nights and weekends stumbling around on the Internet.  The information is there
for the taking; however, it is fragmented.  (For example, a good gopher source
for information on how to use Internet, ftp, etc. is gopher.psg.com.)

I'm not a list owner.  Why not?  Because I don't know enough about the LISTSERV
process.  That is why I subscribed to LSTOWN-L:  to learn.  I find it
incredulous that anybody would take on such a task as managing a LISTSERV
without first paying his or her dues -- learning the Internet and LISTSERV.
(Am I missing something here?  Is there an easy way to learning this
stuff -- one without me having to waste my time doing homework?)

Richard