Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 13:39:48 EST
On Tue, 14 Nov 1995 12:54:00 EST "Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" said:
>Stan:
>
>It is somewhat difficult to trouble shoot this remotely since the
>filelist list is either PRV.
>
>I did some Q F fn ft (FL
>
>From TEMPLEVM(LISTSERV): * Filelist entry from CUAC-TU FILELIST:
>From TEMPLEVM(LISTSERV): * filename filetype   GET PUT rfm lrecl nrecs   date
>
>and that would appear appropriate.  Was there any problem on the
>first record (PUT fn ft fl pw=) on the PUT of the filelist?  Do
>you have an appropriate skeleton entry for the new file in the
>filelist?
>
>Is your LSVPUT of the filelist in CTL format?  Do you have the
>entry for the WELCOME file in it?
>
>I may be that the FILEID file is FUBAR.

Yup, I  checked all of  those things and  everything seems fine.  The welcome
file is present on  Listserver and it can be requested  by subscribers and it
does get sent out to new subscribers  when they subscribe. There are no other
files on the  cuac-tu filelist now although there were  previously. I deleted
a couple of other files when we first  ran into this problem, but I don't see
how that  could be a  problem. There is no  evidence anywhere on  Listserv of
those other files after I checked on the Listserv manually.

  Stan  Horwitz  Internet: [log in to unmask]  Bitnet:  STAN@TEMPLEVM
  Temple University  -- Senior  Consultant (My  views are  all mine!)
  Manager of the Help-Net and Suggest lists and Listserv Postmaster.