Brian Lingard <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 18:26:23 EST
14 march 1995 Ottawa Canada

A concealed subscriber is one whose address and name are not shown in
public review of a mailing list.

It also appears that when i review my own list, i do not see concealed
subs.  However i do believe a get will show them to me.

i suppos someone may wish to conceal their presence on a list for
reasons of privacey, especially if they just read the list and do not
pot, what is called LURKING in bbs-ese.

the command
set listname conceal or noconceal will hide or unhide you.

It orks similarly with the for option when a listowner does a set for a
subscriber.

A concealed subscriber may do anything any other ubscriber to a list
can, they just aren't listed as a subscriber.