David Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 01:36:22 +0000
In message <B35ZXGRLL4CY*/R=DANIEL/R=A1/U=GALPERIN/@MHS>, Glenn Alperin
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>My question then is, am I to assume that there is some sort of e-mail
>forwarding going on between my subscriber at lboro.ac.uk and this
>[log in to unmask] ?  Or is there something else I should be
>worried about?

lboro.ac.uk and lut.ac.uk are the same institution - Loughborough
University (of Technology). So, I guess that the two 'people' are in
fact the same one. As is true with many ac.uk sites, finger is blocked,
so I guess that only [log in to unmask] could confirm whether this
is the same person or not (I think the chances of telnetting to their
main mail relay's SMTP port, and using EXPN, and it not being blocked
are approximately zero).

I think the (older, IIRC) lut.ac.uk name became somewhat deprecated when
Luton College of Higher Education (now Luton University) got the
luton.ac.uk domain.

I hope this helps (it isn't that long since I had an .ac.uk address
myself).

David
[aside: Loughborough is pronounced luff-br]
--
David Wood