"Holloway, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:39:09 -0600
I've just discovered that if a post is coming from the Usenet gateway server
at Newsguy the SET REVIEW is apparently ignored, and the post goes right
through to distribution by LISTSERV.  Posting to the e-mail is by subscriber
only.  The newsgroup is unmoderated.    Posts to the newsgroup from
nonsubscribers have my e-mail address in the approved header.  The posts
that escape review have the approved header
Approved-By:  [log in to unmask]
and come from users who are subscribed to the LISTSERV list, but are posting
through the newsgroup.  [log in to unmask] is not subscribed.  The newsguy
address in my subscription list is

Can anyone explain how these posts are getting through, and what I can do to
correct it? I've set the newsguy address to review, but this hasn't changed
anything.  Subscriber posts still go through regardless of review setting,
and nonsubscriber posts are sent to me for bouncing, which they do without
any further approval.

Thanks,
Mike Holloway           |* On average, 9 people/day on the waiting
[log in to unmask]  lists die for lack of a donor.
________________________|* The end-stage diseases treated by
  transplant do not recognize age, race, nationality or pocketbook.
* There is no justifiable reason to deny organ donation, but many
  myths and misunderstandings.
* Next of kin must allow donation.  Your family must know your wishes.
* Only a small fraction of the next of kin of potential donors allow
  donation to take place.
* In general, medical professionals do not recognize their obligation
  to support and promote donation.
Questions? See FAQ:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/bit/bit.listserv.transplant.html