Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 03:51:38 GMT
On Wed, 19 Feb 1997 17:05:39 EST, "M. LEBLANC"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In January, there was a short thread about the mysterious "=20".

this is MIME quoted-printable.

>The subscriber is no tyro and says he posted these the same way he has
>for years. Obviously *something* is different though!

I'll bet he has changed his mailer pgm, either got a new version, or
changed to a completely new pgm.  In any case it is a configuration issue
with his sending program.  LISTSERV(R) is completely passive with regard
to passing this throught unchanged.  It neither adds, nor subtracts from
the message original content (although LISTSERV will handle MIME in the
headers).

I don't know which news gateway is used, but most of them are also passive
and will not change content.  So it all points back to the sender's
originating mail pgm and its configuration.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]