Vickie Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Jul 1995 18:33:37 -0400
An update on the multiple messages, in case anyone else is seeing
this problem.  As far as we can tell the problem is at or near
tigger.cc.uic.edu   At least, one message seems to go in there,
and as many as 10 copies of it come out at various intervals.

This seems to be a gateway, as we're seeing it in the path
of multiple copies of messages received in numerous locations.
This has fairly well disabled a few of our lists, as of course
the subscribers blame us, no matter what we say.  We haven't
been able to raise anyone UIC on July 4, so I'm afraid we'll
wait until at least tomorrow for a cure.

If anyone hears that they've fixed the problem, or that it's
somewhere else than we think, I'd appreciate the info., as we've
closed down a few lists because the multiple traffic is so
extreme.

Thanks again for any help.

Vickie Banks
H-NET Technical Assistance