Deborah Cresswell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:41:13 +0000
Lou Schwing wrote:

> At 8:48 AM -0600 1/18/99, Angus wrote:
> >> GET CHANGELOG listname
> >
> >I think that's GET LISTNAME CHANGELOG
>
> No, it's:
>
> GET listname.changelog
>
> >and you have to have * Change-Log= Yes in the list's header..
>
> This part is correct.  You will have a changelog produced from the time you
> put this in your header.
>
> Changelog records all functions - including posts.  There is no way to
> record only certain types of functions in the changelog.  You'll get
> everything.  Which can make for very big, disk hogging changelogs on an
> active list.
>
> I believe Francoise mentioned that she had a quick (not Lsoft, not
> supported) program for Windows to pull the POST lines out.  I may be
> mistaken however.
>
> HTH...
>
> Lou
Following your instructions I have tried all of the above.  I put the
* Change-Log= Yes in the list headers and it came back....

The following problems have been detected in the list header:

* CHANGE-LOG= YES
Warning: There is no keyword by that name - check the spelling.

Please refer to the list keyword documentation (available via the "INFO
KEYWORDS" command) for more information about keyword syntax.

Since only warnings have been issued, the list will be stored anyway.

I'm a bit stumped!  Could it be that I am not able to use this parameter
within the system that I have?  I cannot see any explanation of this
keyword in the List Owner's manual either.

Thanks
Debs