Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:17:12 -0500
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Glenn Darwin wrote:
> Yes, I had it happen big time....  The one and only person I allow to
> post to our biggest list got her address spoofed and sent sobig through
> the list.

But SoBig doesn't spoof subscription email, does it?  It just spoofs email
addresses, with its own message, which won't generate a subscribe
confirm message.   Right?

All the SoBig items I have seen you could figure out where any particular
iteration came from that at least you could alert appropriate admins and
*they* can figure out exactly whose computer is infected.

Douglas Winship