Randy Vess <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 06:36:16 -0600
G'day,

I know there is a way to restrict who can retrieve the subscriber
list. I currently have my list set to REVIEW= Owners.

However, is there a way to restrict who can retrieve the list
header? I find no specific documentation in the Owner's Manual.

An individual who attempted to subscribe to every list, St. Johns,
tried to retrieve my list header. Fortunately, his service was down
so I had an opportunity to change some settings.

I realize he can use an owner address to forge his way onto my list.
So I'm setting the VALIDATE parameter to Yes,Confirm,Nopw to better
secure the list. At least he won't be able to subscribe himself but
this doesn't prevent him from forging a post. It would be preferrable
to secure who can access the header so a subscriber address isn't
readily available. By this I mean an owner's address.

Thanks in advance.

Randy Vess