Vince Sabio <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 21:33:06 -0400
** Sometime around 19:46 -0400 8/10/98, Sue Paduano said:

>On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Winship wrote:
>
>> discussion nor mention of religion as such
>> discussion nor mention of politics as such
>> discussion nor mention of sexual orientation as such
>> etc.
>
>I can understand omitting politics and religion to the popint it may hurt
>someone else.  But I disagree with what you asy about sexual orientation.
>That usually helps when it is discussed and repression isn't good.

I don't think that Douglas's intent was represession of sexual orientation
discussion ON LISTS THAT ARE CREATED FOR THAT PURPOSE. However, it is
irrational to suggest that discussion of sexual orientation should be
permitted on ANY list, simply because repression is A Bad Thing.

If it's off topic, it's off topic. Period.

BTW, I'm heterosexual, in case anyone would like to discuss that. Yes,
I realize that it's odd and unfashionable, but it often makes for good
discussion on list-management mailing lists ...

;-)

Vince Sabio            Boy & His Sabre: <http://www.insane.net/tsc/Vince/>
[log in to unmask]            Stop Internet Spam! <http://www.cauce.org/>

   Vince's Interior Decorating Tip #37 (collect the whole series!):
       "If it's not spaghetti, it doesn't belong on the wall."