Simeon ben Nevel <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:51:30 -0700
Paul Prusakowski said:

> After I sent out a global  command to remove all people from my given
> topic, what happens with new subscribers? Is the default for them to
> automatically receive all postings, including the Topics?  We do not want
> new subscribers to be automatically receiving postings under this specific
> topic unless they select the topic manually, or if they are added by the
> moderators.

Check out the "Default-Topics=" keyword.  This controls which
TOPICS new subscribers start with.

And I'll ask my question again....

When I add topics to a list that never had them before, am I correct in
assuming that all subscribers will be get all topics?

Or do I have to to a:

   quiet set listname topics: +topic1 +topic2 +topicn

?

Simeon
--
[log in to unmask]      =-=-=-=-=   A rabbit is just an angel with big ears!
Send mail to [log in to unmask] with Subject: send index to get a listing of