"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 13 Jan 1996 08:26:00 EST
>I've read estimates that 1 to 5% of people with email access also have Web
>access. Not to mention those who can't use GUIs (I am visually impaired, I can
>use the Web but not easily). And the Web is more expensive for those who pay
>for connection time but read email offline. And it uses bandwidth far less
>efficiently.

You're right: one size does not fit all i.e., one program/system
will not satisfy everyone's needs.  There are many service models
for net usage and I don't expect that L-Soft will try to satisfy
each one but I would anticipate it will provide service where its
technical and business opportunities dictate.

BTW, there is a wealth of disability-related info via CODI using
gopher at val-dor.cc.buffalo.edu.

Here is the beginning of the DO-IT document with references to
access the full text.  Interestingly they have a web reference.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]          "Kids: don't e-mail to strangers!"

DO-IT and the Internet:
                       Disability-Related Resources

This publication lists Internet resources of potential interest
to people  who have disabilities or are interested in
disability-related issues.   The creation and maintenance of this
publication is partially funded by a  grant from the National
Science Foundation in support of project DO-IT  (Disabilities,
Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology) at the
University of Washington.  Resources listed include LISTSERV and
LISTPROC  discussion lists, electronic newsletters, newsgroup
discussion groups,   bulletin board systems accessible via telnet, World
Wide Web (WWW) homepages, and gopher servers.

The most current copy of this resource list can be found on the
gopher  server, hawking.u.washington.edu, and on the homepage at
http://weber.u.washington.edu/~doit.  With the dynamic
nature of the  Internet, the list is always incomplete.  Please
send comments, corrections and questions to [log in to unmask]
Maintained by Dean Martineau, [log in to unmask]

(c)1994 University of Washington.  Permission is granted to
reproduce this  publication for non-commercial purposes as long
as credit is given to the  source.