Sun, 5 Mar 2000 15:24:57 -0600
Web interface questions.. neither of these are "urgent" ;-)

The host of our lists upgraded from a 1.8d beta [april 98 I think?] build of
listserv to in December '99.. [Build date:      12 Jun 1999]

I had asked someone via private email about this problem before the 12
Jun 1999 build was installed and it was thought that it was a beta bug that
would be corrected when the full version installed....

In the beta version and still in this version.. we could/can not use the
interface for aliased lists off a list's archive page and the "Manage the list
(list owners only)" link OR.. off the host's listserv main page off the
"Owners list management screen." link.

The aliased lists are listed.. in the pull down menu, just as the other
owned/co-owned lists are.. but when we try to do listowner stuff we get:

"Not authorized
Sorry, you are not authorized to manage the POST-POLIO-MED list from
the address you entered in the login screen."

type errors.  To manage these aliased lists via the web interface we
*must*  go to [in my case book marked links] a url with the old name of
the list. using the Post-Polio-Med email list as an example:

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?LMGT1=POST-POLIO

using that url  [the old name of the list was POST-POLIO  the "new" name
is "POST-POLIO-MED"  I get the pull down menu .. but it has:

      POST-POLIO (unlisted)

in the pull down menu rather than the

    POST-POLIO-MED Questions and answers about PPS

in the pull down menus off the pages that deny further access.

On maelstrom, it appears all aliased lists are like that. the list
management pages can't be accessed except via a special url using list's
original name.. and then shows up with
  LIST_ORIGINAL_NAME (unlisted)

Is this just us .. or is it a listserv problem.. not major.. but a pain in the
neck if you co-own a number of lists. :(

Also.. from what I can see.. all maelstrom list web archives have odd
spacing in their headers.. I don't see this on other 1.8d listserv lists I've
viewed.. for example ..

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/learning.html

has public archives... so I hope it's ok to use that list as an example..
note the double .. sometimes triple spacing in the headers..
switching to proportional font corrects that.. but is there a better way?

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]