"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Oct 1993 07:23:00 EDT
>The problem appears to be an unbalanced angle bracket, but who is
>supposed to correct it?  The Belgians say it's up to us because they
>have no problems like this otherwise.  But we have no problem except
>with the Belgians.

Plural or singular?  In this particular case, since the ETAL. host
is MXed to vm1.rice.ucl.ac.be and SMTP mail to that host goes thru
MAILER@BUCLLN11 (that's the registered bitnet equivalent of the
vm1. host), I suspect a mail forwarding problem.

You might be able to get a better handle on this by sending e-mail
directly FROM a VM system to this user and observe any interactive
messages returned by MAILER at BUCLLN11.

/Pete ([log in to unmask])
--
Peter M. Weiss         "The 'NET' never sleeps"           +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA USA 16802-1202