Wed, 26 Jun 1996 19:06:39 -0400
At 08:55 06/22/96 -0500, Murph Sewall scribed:
>>When I asked the same question I was told there was no option, now what I'm
>>looking into doing is adding a top banner at the top of each message, they'll
>>have to open it but they at least be sure where it came from.
>
>Why add redundant info, the Sender & To headers (and usually the Reply-to)
>headers already identify the list name.  The main reason I acquired Eudora
>Pro is because the mail filter feature permits examining the headers and
>sorting list mail into separate mail folders for each list (the spell
>checker is a nice extra :-)
>
>/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]>      (860) 486-2489 voice

As has been pointed out, many people using email in a corporate/workplace
environment have their email selected *for* them. I'll use my favorite
example: cc:Mail. cc:Mail, as stated by Lotus, is designed as a "corporate"
email package, with internet functionality as an afterthought. Any mail
processed by cc:Mail has a "From:" field which is cc:Mail's best guess from
the headers as to who it's from. It also has a "Subject:" line. NO OTHER
HEADERS ARE AVAILABLE TO THE USER.
So, a simple prefix of some abbreviation would prevent much groaning and
complaining. (My list would be "LS:") If users gripe about losing three
letters in the subject line, they're not writing good subject lines. ;)
Even if such an option weren't switchable, all the owner would have to do if
he didn't want it would be to set it to "".

Philo