Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:11:58 -0400
I was wondering if anybody will advice me in how to make a Listserv
distribution list more secure.  Currently the headers of the XXX List I am
using for distribution purposes are the following:

XXX Distribution List
Owner= [log in to unmask]
Errors-To= Owner
Editor= [log in to unmask]
Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm
Subscription= Open
Review= Owner
Default-Options= Review
Ack= No
Validate= No
Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(5),Probe(30)

With these settings I am receiving a lot of external e-mail from unknown
users who are trying to use this list for spamming.  Is there a way to
prevent unknow users or users within the list from posting to this list?
I did run the following command to control all the current subscribers from
posting to the list:
QUIET SET XXX REVIEW FOR *@*

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly welcomed.
Thanks

Lorena.