Deborah Cresswell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:26:44 +0000
Hi there,

I am about to import 60,000 email addresses into one of our lists.  This
is the first time that I have had to import so many email addresses.
I will be doing them 10k at a time.

My concerns are that, because I am going to be importing via email that
it may crash my system!  Has anybody had any experience of importing
this many via email?  (I will be doing it by Netscape Mail)

Am I correct in thinking that to successfully import bulk emails without
me getting the OK command for every email address, I will have to send
the following command to listserv...

QUIET ADD listname DD=X IMPORT
//X DD *
internet-address1 Fname Lname
internet-address2 Fname Lname
etc...
/*

Is this correct?  Being a bit dense, what does DD=X mean?  Would it also
be best to put my personal pasword when sending this command, if so
where do I put it within the command?

Thanks in advance
Debs