Tue, 8 Aug 2000 18:36:28 -0400
>Hi,
>
>I need to do a bulk delete of subscribers who all have the same host in
>their email address. There are 700 of these subscribers. I did a scan
>command using the * wildcard, and although it gave me list I want, the user
>name is listed first, followed by the user email. To do a bulk delete, the
>user email address needs to preceed the user name. It will take an awful
>long time to cut and paste 700 names into the correct place. There must be a
>faster way. What command can I give to provide me the list of names and
>email addresses I need, in the format I need? (user email user name). Thanks
>for your assistance.

You could always write a quick script in Perl or some other scripting
language to accomplish what you want if you can get the unwanted addresses
out to a simple text file that the script could read.

If all the subscribers to be deleted have the same hostname and no one
else does, then you could simply do something like:

  quiet del * *@hostname