Andrew Liles <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 May 1993 08:49:55 EDT
On Tue, 04 May 93 08:31:10 EDT CHARLES CONNOR said:
>Andrew, I need some help.  Jim Howell forwarded me this announcement of
>access to Library of Congress online materials.  Neither Jim nor I know
>how to access the service via Telnet, or any means.  Can you help me?
>The Library of Congress Information System (LOCIS) is now available over
>the Internet. The telnet address is:
>
>locis.loc.gov 140.147.254.3

Hey Charles. There are actually 2 ways to do this. The first is from the
CONTAC main menu on the command line type: telnet locis.loc.gov  and then
press Enter. It will say connecting... and then you might have to clear
your screen. It is menu driven, but you must read the directions carefully
to get the correct syntax of what you want. It's really nice. I mentioned
this to some people here and got it put on gopher. It should be on today.
So, the second way is to press F6 from the main menu. Then press F2-Gopher.
Put your cursor on Library and press Enter. Finally put your cursor on
Library of Congress Information System. That's all there is to it.
Let me know if you need anymore help.

Andrew Liles - UCNS