Edith Schmitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:06:23 -0400
Hi,

We are about to offer localized newsletters in German, Dutch, French,
Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish. The list-owner of the English newsletter
that has been in existence for a while provided us with the LISTSERV
template. We translated the template in the respective languages, but
experience some problems.

As the list-owner will be an English speaker, we would like for the
automated messages that are send to the subscriber to be in the localized
language (German, French, etc), while automated messages aimed for the list
owner should be in English. Is there a way to do this and, if so, how and
where?

Some of the translated messages still incorporate English words and phrases
such as "command confirmation request" in the subject line or "SUBSCRIBE
and UNSUBSCRIBE &listname" in the body of the text. Is there a way to have
these in the appropriate language too and, if so, where will this be
changed?

Within the LISTSERV template, is it possible to replace the &listname by a
static listname (i.e. instead of using the LISTSERV name of the list CARRO-
SL-L use News Para Los Carros De Mexico) throughout the template. Is this
possible or is the &listname necessary for the templates to work properly?

Who will need to make any of these changes? The list-owner or the Unix
Admin who setup the LISTSERV accounts?

Thanks,
Edith