Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 May 2002 08:18:15 +1000

> I am having the stupidest problem.  I have been trying the manual and
> commands.   I just want to change one option in a list (example
confidential
> = Yes)  I cannot seem to find the command.  Surely you do not have to use
> the PUT commnad and send all of the lists options?

What 'option' are you trying to change?  If it's a list header option then,
yes, you'll have to Get the header, make your changes, then PUT it back.
There's no other way (for obvious security reasons).

If it's a User option then you could try a SET LISTNAME <OPTION> FOR *@*
PW=XXXX.  This will update all subscribers to the setting you specify.  See
the Appendix A of the Owner's Manual for all the options you can SET
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/owner/appenda.html.

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.