Louise Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 17:56:12 -0500

> On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Louise Lawrence wrote:

> my list, and lived (barely) to tell about it...  The list is a one of a support type,
> where many people and extremely sensitive/easily hurt.
>
> Could you be more explicit as to why they are so sensitive?

*** The list is of a "support" type, and one of the main manifesting symptoms, a
    *diagnostic criteria* for this "condition", is *hypersensitivity* to other's
    comments/behaviors etc.

  It sounds a bit like "they can dish it out but can't take it."

*** What seemed to have been happening with one person involved is that she just kept on "dishing",
*even* when no one was giving for her "taking" ...sigh...

> > I asked that the heated conversation be taken privately, and this was
> > interpreted by a handful of the people involved(some whom are friends
> >
> > "debate"), I will be silenced, and forced off of the list".  Absurd.
> > One party also very abusively flamed me on list, posting parts of my
> > private mail to her in an "out of context" type of way.
>
> It sounds as if you have not established yourself as THE listowner so
> they think of you only as another subscriber.

*** Well, this was a new sub.  She became aware, and unfortunately pretty much did not care that I
was the list owner.   Didn't mean a thing to her.  But I do think the person who called me what he
did(her friend & former list member) became concerned regarding what he had said.   He ended that
mail with "I'm really,(I'll say "mad" here) and not afraid to show it".   A "qualifier" for his
words... or so he thought.  As well, after I sent him a *very* direct and clear(*not* flaming, only
matter of fact like) mail letting him know he was history, he didn't mail/flame me after that
whatsoever.   Continued with the female though.

I've stopped responding completely now, and as per the suggestion/current activity of many
listowners I will be setting all new subs. to "review".

I am new listowner, learning the "listowner ropes' here, but learning quickly with help.

Take care,

Louise