Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 16:15:21 GMT
On Fri, 7 Nov 1997 23:02:09 -0800, Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>If it uses the filelist (index) then I'll need to know how to edit that file.

Owner editing of the sub-catalog/fileist are fully explained in the 1.8c
Owner's manual under file archives (Sec 8?  I don't have my manual handy).

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/index.html

Be sure to read the correct instructions for the OS you are operating under
(there are important OS differences) and what you need the Site Admin to do
for you vs. what you as Owner can do.

The file editing (combining of files) is a manual process you as the owner
must do, there are no CGI magic for this.  Be sure your mail pgm editor can
handle arbitrarily large (200K+) files.  Many Windows mail pgms cannot do
this.  The archive files, when PUT, must be in the msg text, not as an
attachement, so even if you use an external text editor for the editing,
your mailer must also be able to handle the file size.
 Ben Parker .......... (Aurora, CO) ........... [log in to unmask]