Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:12:10 -0400
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:16:54 -0500, Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have a list owner who is attempting to incorporate the form action
>of the SUBED1 (list subscription) template into a custom web page. When
>the user completes and submits the form on the custom web page. At that
>point, the list owner wants to display another custom web page stating
>that the user will receive a subscription confirmation request, however,
>try as we might, we cannot make this work.

A way to do this is replace the SUBEDIT-MAIN template with a
simple redirect to another page that you create on your site:

Modifying this template in this way disables the user from later
modifying their own Subscription Options (such as MAIL/NOMAIL, DIGEST/INDEX,
etc) via the WWW interface. (They can always modify them via email commands or
you do not have to modify this template.)  Since this simplified signup
procedure is normally used only for one-way lists where all subscriber options
are preset anyway and not intended to be changed this is not a serious
limitation.  The very creative programmer will figure out how to fit the
changes below into the existing and highly complex SUBEDIT-MAIN template.

>>> SUBEDIT-MAIN Authenticated subscribe/leave, main page
<title>Join or Leave the &+LISTNAME; list</title>
<center><h1>Join or Leave the &+LISTNAME; list</h1></center>
+BB &+MSG;
+EB
<hr>
your identity and prevent third parties from tampering with the list,
an e-mail message with a confirmation code will be sent to
the address you specified in the form. Simply wait for this message
to arrive, then follow the instructions to confirm the operation.
<hr>
=== cut here ===

Note:  If you prefer, you can replace the above SUBEDIT-MAIN template with a