"Kenny, Melissa S" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:15:57 -0400
I'm sending this message through an Exchange server, using Outlook, and
I believe it will remain in plain text (you can check for yourself.)
All you have to do is choose the "plain text" option, which is pretty
easy.  Exchange will send whatever format you want; it's the client that
determines it.  The web interface, OWA, will not send plain text, but
that is not due to the Exchange server itself.

Melissa

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Peter C.S. Adams
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 8:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: turn off quoted-printable?

John Cunniff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> when I subscribe to a different mailing lists, am on a digest format,
> I gets a lot of =20's, too. I don't care about it. It's the way it is.

It's the way it is because Microsoft is a virtual monopoly on the
desktop
and they think they're a monopoly in the server space, too, so they just
write their own rules. I'll skip the lengthy rant about what a dumb
decision
it was, but my university bought MS Exchange. The web mail system makes
it
*IMPOSSIBLE* to send plain text email! I have been told that it's
possible
to do with Outlook, but it's not easy. If people would just use well
designed mail systems, they wouldn't inflict this garbage on the rest of
us.

--
Peter C.S. Adams
Director of Information and Communication Technologies