Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:37:20 PST
On Feb 15,  2:43pm, "Bustamante, Susana" wrote:
} Subject: Problem with "OK" confirmation message
} I was wondering if any of you have come across a problem as follows.  We are
} using Listserv v1.8c with LSMTP on a Windows NT server.  One of our list
} owners is having   a problem when trying to reply with the "OK" confirmation
} message so that her messages are posted to her list.  She is using the web
} interface to send messages from her account on our MS Exchange server.  The
} weird thing is that she sends the message, Listserv replies back with the
} usual message "The [listname] has been configured to request explicit
} confirmation of all messages....".  She then replies with "OK" (without the
} quotes) in the body of her message and that is it.  She never gets a message
} back from Listserv telling her that her message has been successfully
} approved and the message is never sent.  I have checked the Listserv log
} files and I can see that a message asking for confirmation has been sent to
} her but nothing else is recorded.  It seems like her replies are going
} somewhere else.  Any ideas or suggestions?  Thanks very much.

Here are a few more straws to grasp at.

What I would do is have her add a Cc: to the OK message to you, so you
can look at the outgoing message and make sure its going to the
listserv.  Then have her try to post by email, not the web,  again a cc:
to you.  Its quite possible that somewhere between her and the listserv
the mail falls into a black hole.  Possibly she has an address book
entry that makes the outgoing mail go to the wrong place.  There could
be a misconfiguration at her site.

--
Rich Greenberg    Work:  PM0RMG atsign WSPVM1.worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507