Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 23:32:49 -0400
On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, W Schipper wrote:

> Several years ago somewhat started a duplicate Medieval Literature list
> under a name already in use.  In that case it was done from sheer
> ignorance, and the person changed the list name immediately when he
> learned of the duplication.

        Thanks, Bill.  I've now written to the listowner, and I'm
hoping that she will be similarly reasonable.

> As for the listing in liszt:  if that list is updated in a
> semi-automatic way it may well keep only the most recent form of a list
> name and address, under the assumption that the most recent is the most
> authoritative.

        Actually, Liszt apparently makes heavy use of the LISTS command.
Since TAMVM1 is running 1.8b, the LISTS command works, whereas UMDD is
running 1.8c, which I gather disabled the LISTS command to thwart
spammers.  Thus, Liszt was able to find the TAMVM1 lists but not those
at UMDD.  Sigh.

        Again, many thanks.

        Joan

*    Joan Korenman                [log in to unmask]                         *
*    U. of Md. Baltimore County                                             *
*    Baltimore, MD 21250          http://www.umbc.edu/wmst/                 *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *