Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:31:09 -0500
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Pete Weiss wrote:

> FeedValidator produces error messages:

The RSS feed mixes up Atom and RSS information, so the feedvalidator gets
futzed. There is a problem with the date-time fields in pubDate and
lastBuildDate. These should be in RFC822 format and they *should* be
converted to GMT to make all the various readers work properly. This was
an issue in the first RSS try and the reason we still use our Perl
implementation for RSS feeds from LISTSERV lists.

Here's a lastBuildDate as it is and as it should be:

<lastBuildDate>2006-11-11T01:36:05Z</lastBuildDate>

shoukd be:

<lastBuildDate>Sat, 11 Nov 2006 01:36:05 GMT</lastBuildDate>

The same goes for pubDate.

They also have a problem in that the author field is required to have an
e-mail address:

<author><![CDATA[ <[log in to unmask]>]]></author>

instead of:

<author>Kenny, Melissa S </author>

-- DCP