Ione Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 12:00:14 +0000
Cindy Heavilin wrote:

> <<Don't change the header. Just subscribe to the list.>>
>
> If I subscribe to my own list won't I get double messages?
>
> ++++++++++++++++++
> Cindy Heavilin, PHA
> Brussels Griffon, Pugs
> & THE Whippets!!!
> Canton, OH

I think what you're really needing here is a change in your personal
mail options. If you are currently receiving only an acknowledgment when
you yourself send posts to the list, it's because your mail options are
set to "ack". If so, you need to change your options by sending mail to
the listserv which says "set (your listname) repro noack".

All of which is explained in the manuals. Maybe it's time you got a
copy. ;-)

(I know, there's so MUCH to read through!)
--

Ione

-- Ione L. Smith, DVM -- Department of Comparative Medicine --
-- University of Tennessee,  College of Veterinary Medicine --
       http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~ilsmith/SVME.html
          The Society for Veterinary Medical Ethics
      http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~ilsmith/ethics.html
          for all sides of the AR/AW/anti-AR debate
      http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~ilsmith/stereo.html
             the stereotypical behaviors database
        I am always willing to learn, however I do not
        always like to be taught. -- Winston Churchill