linda -i didn't think this through <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 10:47:00 EST
hi. I went to iaf.net's web page and did a search on my name and a few
others from my list. We're all there, all updated between the dates
11/10 and 11/14. Their partial search using * wildcard doesn't work very
well (at all), but what I found disturbing was that if you clicked on
the name@address you searched for, you could send email to that person
and you have the choice of doing so anonomously.
Their whole set up is rather slip-shod, because you can't really find
anyone unless you already know their email address in full. But by being
able to send them email anonymously, you can harrass them without too
much cause for worry. I'm going to go back and check this out a bit
more. Then I'm going to alert my list of the fact that their addresses
have been culled and send them the info they need to try and remedy the
situation if they choose to do so.
-linda
co-owner, politics@villvm