Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 08:25:24 -0400
I don't know if this will SOLVE your problem, ameloriate it, or create
new ones, BUT change the default (and if possible, the allowable) CPU
time.  This should not harm the INDEX (GETPOST) subscribers.  Give users
clear instructions on how to subset their searches (by date range).

BTW, I use the WEB search facilities for various lists at
PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM and don't have timeout problem; nevertheless, I also
think there is the continued need for batch aka off-line aka email  searches.

/Pete Weiss @ Penn State
former owner of the former list LDBASE-L