Eva Kalman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:35:10 -0500
Netscape 4.x on Solaris also does this, and sometimes it can
cause Listserv command output to go to the wrong user (since
Listserv replies to Sender when it probably should use the
envelope sender (SMTP "MAIL FROM"):

If the server login ID doesn't match the LHS of the e-mail address,
Netscape Messenger generates a Sender line to try to authenticate
who the "real sender" is.  Unfortunately, this line is not
correctly generated, resulting in a bad Sender line.   We reported
it to Netscape over a year ago, and it will finally be fixed in
Netscape 5.0.

A workaround in Netscape 4.x is to set the mail.suppress_sender_header
variable in Netscape's preferences file (unfortunately not accessible
by the user interface).

Eva Kalman

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:37:05 +0100, Mercedes Gimenez <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>        Hello all.
>
>        John, THANK YOU very much. Now, Miguel is using another MTA (Kmail)
and