Fri, 5 Sep 2003 07:36:36 -0500
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Glenn Darwin wrote:
> From: <[log in to unmask]>
> To: <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Re: My details
> Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:33:36 --0400

Ok, we're both right.  I was thinking of email with a command
SUBSCRIBE listname name name
sent to a [log in to unmask]  address, which SoBig cannot do.  I forgot about
the specialized "-request" addresses as we don't use any of them, except
listname-search-request for INDEX subscribers, for the very simple reason
that we have enough trouble keeping people straight on the difference
between the list address and the LISTSERV address, and that simple
listname-request is not the command address without confusing them with
the special -request addresses which are specific commands in themselves.
Hadn't thought of it before, but this has the advantage that bugs like
SoBig won't find such addresses to spoof. ;-)

Douglas Winship