Wed, 21 Jun 1995 20:17:15 -0500
On Wed, 21 Jun 1995, Gail Barnes wrote:

> Good post, Patrick, but I suspect that when the first "I-Net Fucker" (I
> hereby volunteer to be the test case) is brought to the bar, the
> resources of the legal community and the net will be there to defend them
> to the Hall of the Supremes...   ;-)

As the law doesn't take effect immediately, it will be a while before it
get's to the Supreme Court.  I'll be surprised if that happens within
two years (has to start in the lower courts and wind it's way through
appeals, we're talking big bucks here).  However, when there is a test
case brought, the ALA will undoubtedly help.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner